Mommies, do you want your kids to have a best friend who will give them an ideal balance of fun and knowledge? End the search right here and start working on a small library at home!
Yes, books can give your kids the perfect mix of enjoyment and intellect.
Books are one of the best tools that’ll elevate your kid’s power of imagination and boost concentration levels. Most of you are already aware of this but here’s a question that’ll definitely cross your minds – What makes a good read for my toddler?
Choosing the right books can be a daunting task especially when you want your little ones to view books as an indulgence, not a chore! When you are hunting for books for your toddler, keep these simple suggestions in mind:
- Simple Text: Fewer words on each page will help your kiddo stay focused with each page flip.
- Colourful Illustrations: Bright, attractive colours catch every kid’s attention. Simple images matching the content on the page will help them relate to the story better and keep their minds captivated with interest.
- Familiar Objects: Pick stories that contain your child’s everyday routine, activities and experiences.
- Repetitive Text: Books that contain the same phrase over and over are sure to have your toddler chiming in as you read.
- Sturdy Binding: Find books that are made of materials that your child can play and read over and over without tearing or ruining them.
Remember to make reading time special for your toddler by enacting the characters so it becomes a memorable experience for your little one
Are you ready to start gathering books for your toddler? Start your kid’s reading journey with these books –
- One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish,
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar and
- We’re going on a Bear Hunt.
Mommies, we would love to know about your little one’s favourite books.. Do let us know in the comments below.