I would like to provide tips on Car Seat once again even though I know that there is a lot of information being spread out through different sources, but still people risk the life of their children. I can understand that they do not value their own life so they wouldn’t even value others including their tiny children. I would like to share these tips because yesterday I saw a family where adults were sitting behind and the mother was with her 1 year old child (approx) sitting in front (passenger seat). It was really shocking that in today’s world even though we are educated and we know the consequences but we are still lazy to follow the right path. So here I am sharing the tips of installing a proper car seat:
Top Tips on properly installing and using forward-facing car seats for children:
1) Use a forward-facing car seat correctly and until the harness no longer fits (convertible or combo seat) in a back seat every time your child rides in a car.
2) Use the car seat with a harness that’s right for your child’s weight and height. Children are weighed and measured at every doctor’s visit, so be sure to keep track.
3) Put harnesses through the slots so they are even with or above the child’s shoulders. Some seats require use of the top slots when the seat is forward-facing, so check instructions.
4) Be sure the buckled harness is tight, so you cannot pinch extra webbing at the shoulder.
4) Adjust the chest clip to armpit level.
5) Use the car’s safety belt or LATCH system to lock the car seat into the car. Do not use both at the same time.
6) Your car seat should not move more than one inch side to side or front to back.
7) Use a top tether if both your vehicle and car seat are equipped. Tethers limit the forward motion of your child’s head in a crash.
8) Have your car seat checked by a currently certified child passenger safety technician to make sure it’s properly installed.
9) Do not allow children to play with seat belts.
10) Be sure all occupants wear seat belts correctly every time.
Children learn from adult role models.
11) Restrain all children in age- and weight-appropriate child, restraint them when in a car with the motor running. That will limit access to power windows.
12) VERY IMPORTANT: Never leave children unattended in a vehicle.
13) If you have a heavier or taller child, find a car seat with a harness that fits larger children. Some seats hold children up to 80 or even 100 pounds.
I hope this information will help you to find a right car seat for your children.
Authored by our fan: Ekta Bhatia